"Competition is Good!"
- Coming Soon...
- • Topics we're researching
- • FAQ / IQ (Important Questions)
- • Informative articles & papers
— Energy Freedom Colorado —
Resources & Information about Consumer Choice and Competitive Electricity Markets in Colorado
This research and education project explores our options for consumer choice and competitive electricity markets in Colorado. Many Coloradans might be surprised to learn that in some states, people or communities can choose between electricity providers who are competing for their business on the basis of cost and energy source. Wouldn't that be great?!
Items of current interest:
- Mountain West Transmission Group (MWTG) initiative: A group of Colorado utilities is proposing to join the "Southwest Power Pool" (SPP) to pool their high-voltage transmission assets for greater efficiency, and join their competitive wholesale electricity market. However, we think there may be a better way:
- Op-Ed: "Are Competitive Electricity Markets Coming to Colorado?"
- PUC public comment: "Questions and Comments about the MWTG Proposal to Join SPP"
- Article: Deep dive into why regional wholesale electricity markets are needed in the West.
Key Figures (click for details)